Tourism has been strictly limited in Bhutan so that traditional culture can be preserved and nurtured. The tourism industry in Bhutan is founded on the principle of sustainability, meaning that tourism must be environmentally and ecologically friendly, socially and culturally acceptable, and also economically viable. For these reasons, tourism is carefully monitored and the number of tourists visiting Bhutan is kept to an environmentally manageable level.
All tourists are required to make their travel arrangements for both tours & treks through an authorized tour operator on a pre-planned, pre-paid and guided package. Independent travel is not permitted in Bhutan. The tour operator is responsible for all land arrangements during your stay in Bhutan including in-country travel/road permits, temple permits and special permits.
· The most convenient way of entering Bhutan is by Druk Air, the country’s national (and so far only) carrier. As flights can be delayed due to weather condition (particularly during the summer months), it is advisable to allow 24 hours before any onward connection. The following stations are connected with Druk Air Flights:
· India (Kolkata, Delhi, Gaya)
· Nepal (Kathmandu)
· Thailand (Bangkok)
· Bangladesh (Dhaka)
Our national airline flies several times a week between its destinations, but flight timings and frequency vary according to season.
· Arrival/departure through the south-western border town of Phuentsholing, south- central border town of Gelephu and the south-eastern border town of Samdrup Jongkhar.
· The nearest airport to the south-western border town of Phuntsholing is at Bagdogra,West Bengal, about 4 hours’ drive away. Phuentsholing is a convenient entry/exit point for travelers wishing to visit the Indian states of Sikkim and West Bengal along with Bhutan.
· The nearest airport to the south-central border town of Gelephu is at Bagdogra, West Bengal, about 6 hours’ drive away. Gelephu can also be used as entry/exit point for travelers wishing to visit the Indian states of Sikkim, West Bengal, Assam and the North Eastern Indian States with Bhutan.
· The nearest airport to the south-eastern border town of Samdrup Jongkhar is at Guwahati, capital of the Indian state of Assam, about 3 hours’ drive away. Samdrup Jongkhar is a convenient entry/exit point for travelers wishing to visit the Indian states of Assam and other North Eastern states of India along with Bhutan.
· For Cultural Tours, booking arrangements must be completed at least 4 weeks in advance for regular season and at least 6 weeks in advance for peak/festival season. The spring and autumn festivals are our peak times for tourism, and without early reservations it can be difficult to confirm flights and hotels.
· For Trekking, booking arrangements should be completed at least 8 weeks in advance, as this activity requires detailed forward planning Dewa Rabsel Adventure Tours & Treks has built up impressive resources over the last 2 years, and can offer your clients a choice of the finest and best organized trekking experiences in the entire Himalayas.
· Peak Season: Feb - May & Aug - Dec
· Regular Season: Jan, Jun & Jul
· Advance payment in full for the entire tour package must be sent to Dewa Rabsel Adventure at least 4 weeks prior to arrival.
· It is advisable to remit payment for Druk Air flights 3 months in advance or at the time of booking. This will help us to obtain confirmed seats on the requested flights.
· Payment is done through wire transfers; we do not have credit card facility in Bhutan for tour payments.
Services are confirmed subject to advance payment only. We will provide full information on remittance of tour payment when we cost your requirements.
· Tour/Trek: No refund if tour is cancelled 30 days or less before arrival date
· 100% refund if cancelled 30 days or more from travel date, 50% between 30-last
· 10 days from travel date, no refund if cancelled within last 10 days from travel date but valid for one year from date of issue. Administrative fee of US $25 applicable per cancellation
· US $10 or equivalent local currency for every date change
· No name change permitted once booking is made on the same PNR
· US $ 25 or equivalent local currency for every spelling correction of name